The Standard American Diet (SAD) contains a lot of over-processed, calorie-rich, and nutrient-poor food choices. The problem is that many are deprived of vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients and still find themselves overweight.
In a perfect world, everyone would eat a balanced diet and have 100% of all the vitamins and minerals we need for proper function of all our body systems. Even with the most careful planning, most people will fall short in one way or another. That is why the adults and teenagers in my home use the Daily Nutrient Pack (DNP for short) daily, we want to give our bodies the tools they need to keep things running at optimal levels. Chances are, you should be taking the DNP, too.
Watch this short video that explains which vitamins and minerals most adults usually need to increase in their diets:
The Daily Nutrient Pack comes with a 30 day supply of:
- doTERRA’s Microplex VMz Food Nutrient Complex, which is a food nutrient formula of bioavailable vitamins and minerals. The formula includes a balanced blend of essential antioxidant vitamins A, C, and E, and an energy complex of B vitamins presented in a patented glycoprotein matrix. Microplex VMz also contains chelated minerals including calcium, magnesium, and zinc for optimal bone and metabolic health.* Microplex VMz contains the doTERRA tummy tamer botanical blend of Peppermint, Ginger, and Caraway to calm the stomach for those who may have experienced stomach upset with other vitamin and mineral products.* Microplex VMz is encapsulated using sodium lauryl sulfate-free vegetable capsules.
- doTERRA’s xEO Mega Essential Oil Omega Complex, which is a unique formula of CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essential oils and a proprietary blend of marine and land-sourced omega fatty acids. Omega fatty acids help support joint, cardiovascular, and brain health, and support healthy immune function.* A daily dose of xEO Mega provides 900 milligrams of marine lipids (providing 300 mg of EPA, 300 mg of DHA, and 70 mg of other omega 3s), and a blend of 250 mg of plant-sourced fatty acids. xEO Mega also includes 800 IU of natural vitamin D, 60 IU of natural vitamin E, and 1 mg of pure astaxanthin, a powerful antioxidant carotenoid* harvested from microalgae. xEO Mega is encapsulated in a vegetarian-friendly softgel.
- Promotes heart and circulatory health*
- Supports healthy joint function and comfort*
- Provides immune-boosting nutrients*
- Protects against lipid oxidation and supports healthy function of the brain, eyes* and nervous system*
- Promotes healthy skin*
- Delivers 900 mg of pure, concentrated, molecularly filtered fish oil with 300 mg of EPA and 300 mg of DHA per daily serving, and 70 mg of other omega-3s
- Provides a wide range of omega-3 fatty acids including EPA, DHA, ALA and SDA from marine and plant sources to help maintain a healthy balance of these vital nutrients*
- Includes the powerful antioxidant carotenoid, astaxanthin*
- Formulated with a proprietary blend of doTERRA CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essential oils of Clove, Frankincense, Thyme, Cumin, Wild Orange, Peppermint, Ginger, Caraway, and German Chamomile
- Includes 800 IU of natural vitamin D and 60 IU of natural vitamin E
- Does not contain milk or wheat products
- Specially formulated to be used daily with Microplex VMz® as a comprehensive dietary supplement foundation for a lifetime of vitality and wellness*
- Provides 22 essential vitamins and minerals to support normal growth, function, and maintenance of cells*
- Fights free radicals with the antioxidant vitamins A, C, and E*
- Supports healthy metabolism and cellular energy*
- Supports bone health with calcium, magnesium, zinc, and vitamin D*
- Supports healthy immune function*
- Supports healthy digestion*
- Provides systemic benefits of vitality and wellness associated with optimal intake of essential nutrients*
- Natural folate from lemon peel
- A balanced blend of essential vitamins including the antioxidant vitamins A, C, and E; an energy complex of B vitamins; presented in a patented glycoprotein matrix for enhanced bioavailability*
- Includes a balanced blend of chelated minerals including calcium, magnesium, zinc, selenium, copper, manganese, and chromium.
- Includes a whole-food botanical blend of kale, dandelion, parsley, kelp, broccoli, brussels sprout, cabbage, and spinach
- Formulated with a digestive enzyme blend of protease, lactase, lipase, amylase, α-galactosidase, diastase, glucoamylase, and peptidase
- Contains a full-spectrum of vitamin E forms including tocotrienols
- Includes the doTERRA tummy tamer digestive blend of Peppermint, Ginger, and Caraway*
- Made with sodium lauryl sulfate-free vegetable capsules
- Specially formulated to be used daily with xEO Mega and Alpha CRS+ as a comprehensive dietary supplement foundation for a lifetime of vitality and wellness*
To quote Dr. Carsten Smidt, the benefits of adding the Daily Nutrient Pack to our daily routine is that
doTERRA’s new Microplex MVp™ and xEO Mega® (Daily Nutrient Pack) are the first micronutrient supplements in the industry that apply this new standard of natural balance to all vitamins, minerals, trace elements, phytonutrients, and essential fatty acids. This gamechanging, patent-pending approach ensures that you get the optimum amounts and types of all micronutrients every day, including a full spectrum of omega-3s, antioxidant polyphenols, and carotenoids.* With Daily Nutrient Pack, you don’t have to worry about getting too little or too much of anything anymore. Instead, you get what your body was made for and demands— the most efficacious and safe amounts needed for long-term health and vitality.
According to Mercola, Astaxanthin is part of the microalgae, Haematococcus pluvialis. When its water supply dries up, the astaxanthin it produces protects it from the sun’s harmful UV rays. It’s also what turns salmon orange and flamingos pink. What can it do for us? It is thought to protect us from the sun’s harmful rays and is considered one of the most powerful antioxidants. Astaxanthin is one of the ingredients in xEO Mega and the reason why it is red.
You’ll find glycoprotein in Microplex VMz. o make a vitamin glycoprotein compound, a vitamin is introduced to a culture of lactobacillus and yeast. As it grows, the yeast metabolizes and binds the vitamin into its protein matrix, making the vitamin more recognizable as food in the digestive process. The benefit for you and me is that our bodies can put it to use so that we have increased energy levels because our body systems will have the tools they need to function optimally. Busy people can appreciate this because they either can’t afford to run out of energy and feel sluggish before the day is done, or they don’t want to stop what they’re doing.
Another benefit is that both xEO Mega and Mircoplex VMz can be taken by most people. Microplex VMz’s formula is encapsulated in sodium laurylsulfate free vegetable capsules and does not contain wheat or milk products. It also contains the doTERRA tummy tamer blend of Peppermint, Ginger, and Caraway seed botanical extract to help calm the stomach, a handy benefit for those who have difficulty tolerating vitamins. xEO Mega’s unique formula of lipid-soluble nutrients is packaged in small, vegetarian-friendly softgels.
doTERRA has posted frequently asked questions (FAQ) about xEO Mega and Microplex VMz.
Microplex VMz FAQ:
Q) Can Microplex VMz be considered non GMO and gluten free?
A) Microplex VMz is free of genetically modified material and does not contain gluten.
Q) If I am taking the Slim & Sassy® TrimShake, do I still need to take Microplex VMz?
A) Microplex VMz is designed to provide a full day’s supply of a wide variety of high quality, bioavailable nutrients. Slim & Sassy TrimShake, though it contains a number of vitamins and minerals, is only designed to provide a small boost to that meal. Both products can be safely taken on the same day.
Q) With the enzyme blend in the Microplex VMz formula, do I also need to take DigestZen Terrazyme®?
A) The enzyme blend in Microplex VMz is only designed to provide a small boost to normal digestion.* If you need full support for digestive health or other concerns, DigestZen Terrazyme is recommended in addition to Microplex VMz.*
Q) What does Microplex VMz stand for?
A) Microplex is a combination of “micronutrient” and “complex.” VM stands for vitamins and minerals. The “z” reflects improvements that have been made to the product since it was first launched.
Q) Can the Microplex VMz formula be considered a whole food supplement?
A) Microplex VMz contains simple vitamins and minerals that are known to be required for health. What is most important about simple nutrients is that they be bioavailable. We have selected vitamins and minerals that have been shown by scientific research to optimize bioavailability in the body.
Q) Can my children take Microplex VMz instead of doTERRA a2z Chewable?
A) doTERRA recommends doTERRA A2Z Chewable and IQ Mega® for children rather than Microplex VMz. For older children or teenagers that can swallow capsules, a half dose is OK. For any questions please consult your pediatrician.
xEO Mega FAQ
Q)Does xEO Mega need to be refrigerated?
A)xEO Mega is designed to be stable at room temperature throughout its shelf life. However, refrigeration is recommended to extend shelf life or to maximize the potency of the fragile omega-3 fatty acids.
Q) Does xEO Mega need to be taken with food?
A) xEO Mega should always be taken immediately before or right at the beginning of a full meal.
Q) Is there a vegetarian version of xEO Mega (no fish)?
A) vEO Mega® is available for those who do not wish to consume any animal-sourced ingredients.
Q) Can my kids take xEO Mega instead of the IQ Mega®?
A) xEO Mega is safe for children and the dose can be cut in half. However, IQ Mega provides a higher dose of omega-3 fatty acids, which are critically important for the development years. For any questions please consult your child’s pediatrician.
Q) If I take the IQ Mega, do I need to take xEO Mega too?
A) No, one or the other should be sufficient.
Q) What fish is utilized in the marine omega blend and what is the country of origin?
A) Though the fishing ground may vary, the marine omega blend comes primarily from anchovy, sardine, and mackerel from the waters off the coast of Peru.
Q) Why do I need the marine and land omega blends?
A) Each provides reliable and consistent sources of omega-3 fatty acids. The body can convert ALA and SDA (land based) into EPA and DHA; however, this conversion is variable among different individuals. EPA and DHA are extremely important to every cell in our body, and marine based oils deliver a concentrated source of these important omega-3 fatty acids. With xEO Mega® you get the benefits of both land and sea, with its multi-targeted approach to improving the internal balance of these vital nutrients.*
How much and how often should I take the Daily Nutrient Pack?
Microplex VMz: Adults, take 4 vegetable capsules per day with food: 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening. Microplex VMz is formulated to be used daily with xEO Mega®. (Taking with the fatty acids in xEO Mega will support absorption of the fat-soluble vitamins in Microplex VMz.)
xEO Mega: Adults, take 4 softgels per day with food: 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening. xEO Mega is formulated to be used daily with Microplex VMz®
What is the most cost-effective way to get the Daily Nutrient Pack?
This is a great question! I like to save money and pass on my money saving tips to you. It’s best to order the Daily Nutrient Pack as a pack rather than purchasing xEO Mega and Microplex VMz separately to save money. Here’s why:
xEO Mega Wholesale: $49.50 Retail: $66.00
Microplex VMz: Wholesale: $39.50 Retail: $52.67
Total cost: Wholesale: $89.00 Retail: $118.67
Daily Nutrient Pack Wholesale: $59.50 Not available for retail purchase. Only available when signing up for a NEW wholesale membership and on Loyalty Rewards Program orders.
Most people choose way#2 for the significant savings. Compared to ordering separately as a retail customer, you’ll save $59.17. Compared to ordering separately as a wholesale customer, you’ll save: $29.50
How can I learn more about Daily Nutrient Pack?
I look forward to answering your questions either in the comments below or you may contact me. Thanks!
- LLV Presentation
- Protective effects of astaxanthin against oxidative damage induced by 60Co gamma-ray irradiation https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22043699
If you like to read studies, here are the key studies that inspired doTERRA’s Daily Nutrient Pack:
- Maggini S, Wintergerst ES, Beveridge S, Hornig DH. Selected vitamins and trace elements support immune function by strengthening epithelial barriers and cellular and humoral immune responses. British Journal of Nutrition. 2007;98:S29-S35.
- Wintergerst ES, Maggini S, Hornig DH. Contribution of selected vitamins and trace elements to immune function. Ann Nutr Met. 2007;51:301-323.
- Hayes CE, Nashold FE, Spach KM & Pedersen LB. The immunological functions of the vitamin D endocrine system. Cell Molec Biol. 2003;49:277–300.
- Tang BMP, Eslick GD, Nowson C, et al. Use of calcium or calcium in combination with vitamin D supplementation to prevent fractures and bone loss in people aged 50 years and older: a metaanalysis. The Lancet. 2007;370:657-666.
- Ambati, Ranga Rao et al. “Astaxanthin: Sources, Extraction, Stability, Biological Activities and Its Commercial Applications–a Review.” Marine Drugs 12.1 (2014): 128–152.
- Calder, Philip C. “N-3 Fatty Acids, Inflammation and Immunity: New Mechanisms to Explain Old Actions.” The Proceedings of the Nutrition Society 72.3 (2013): 326–336. NCBI PubMed. Web.
- Chang, Chia-Yu, Der-Shin Ke, and Jen-Yin Chen. “Essential Fatty Acids and Human Brain.” Acta Neurologica Taiwanica 18.4 (2009): 231–241.
- Connor, W. E. “Importance of N-3 Fatty Acids in Health and Disease.” The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 71.1 Suppl (2000): 171S–5S.
- Lichtenstein, Alice H. et al. “Diet and Lifestyle Recommenda tions Revision 2006 A Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association Nutrition Committee.” Circulation 114.1 (2006): 82–96.
- Pan A, Chen M, Chowdhury R, et al. “α-Linolenic acid and risk of cardiovascular disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis.” The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2012;96:1262-1273.
- Horrobin, D. F. “Loss of Delta-6-Desaturase Activity as a Key Factor in Aging.” Medical Hypotheses 7.9 (1981): 1211–1220.
- Higuera-Ciapara, I., L. Félix-Valenzuela, and F. M. Goycoolea. “As taxanthin: A Review of Its Chemistry and Applications.” Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition 46.2 (2006): 185–196.
- Huang YM, Yan SF, Ma L, et al. “Serum and macular responses to multiple xanthoph supplements in patients with early age-related macular degeneration.” Nutrition. 2013;29:387-392.
- Kuhnt, Katrin et al. “Dietary Echium Oil Increases Long-Chain n–3 PUFAs, Including Docosapentaenoic Acid, in Blood Fractions and Alters Biochemical Markers for Cardiovascular Disease Independently of Age, Sex, and Metabolic Syndrome.” The Journal of Nutrition 144.4 (2014): 447–460.
- Minihane AM. “Fish oil omega-3 fatty acids and cardio-metabolic health, alone or with statins.” European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2013;67:536-540.
- Stough, Con et al. “The Effects of 90-Day Supplementation with the Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acid Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) on Cognitive Function and Visual Acuity in a Healthy Aging Population.” Neurobiology of Aging 33.4 (2012): 824.e1–3.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease
**We must receive the LLV or the DNP by 45 days from the order date in order to take advantage of this warranty. This warranty still applies to LLVs and DNPs that came in a kit, but instead of refunding the regular Wholesale price of the product, they will get refunded 100% of the Kit Pricing for the LLV.